Friday 25 April 2014

The Coffee Daily

And Jolene and I are back to our usual Friday brunch date before CCA! This time, we checked out The Coffee Daily after googling for brunch places at Kovan/Serangoon area. We found out more about the place and all we noticed were all the pretty photos of their rainbow cake haha! That really was what made me decide to go there today.

While walking out of school, we actually bumped into Hui Jie and Lynn who decided to join us for brunch! It's amazing how the 4 of us know each other. Just like us, HJ and Lynn are best friends! So let's do a little mapping. I knew Lynn since P5 and we've been in the same school ever since. I knew HJ cause of Lynn but only talked to her when we ended up in the same group for SRGCE. That's how Jolene knew her too! Jo had always known Lynn was my good friend and we always bump into each other at the washroom (I really have no idea why). All of us also happen to be in the same lecture hall for History. We also always bumped into each other during Lit Night rehearsals. And somehow, one way or another, we just know each other haha!

 
 
 
 

The Coffee Daily is a really small cafe actually. They can probably fit around 20 ppl indoors and 8 ppl outdoors. It'll definitely be hard to find seats during the weekends! Luckily for us, today is a Friday so we didn't have to wait for seats! Actually, everyone there were doing their work or studying except for us. We were just happily talking away.

Despite the small area, I really like this cafe cause it gives off a really cosy feeling! The cafe is mainly white based which gives off a really 'clean' look. I kind of want my future room to look somewhat like this!

 

They offered free flow of our favourite childhood biscuits! I was so happy when I saw them! Haven't had them for a really long time! All of us took a plate each and went back twice to get more of it hehe. Jo was saying how this is quite a smart idea cause in a way, it makes customers feel more at home. Moreover, they really don't cost that much cause they're traditional snacks. (Econs thinking caps on)

 
Roasted Chicken Slices and Cheese and Americano ($12)

Jo, HJ and Lynn all got this set! Didn't try it cause it had vege in it. I really don't like raw vege hahaha. But I know the salad is good cause Jo said it was! Coming from Jo, she must really mean it. I actually gave her all my greens. There were 3 types of bread to choose from but I only can rmb croissant cause that's what I got haha! This set comes with a cup of Americano too. I checked and Americano cost $4 on the menu. You could change your drink but you'd have to top up the difference.

 
Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich and Americano ($12)

Here's what I got! I wouldn't say this was fantastic but it wasn't bad as well! Average I guess! I chose croissant cause I had no idea what the other 2 types of breads were. We were actually looking us images of them cause none of us really knew what it was haha! I do like the fact that it comes with chips though! Finished them all hehe. This definitely wouldn't be able to keep someone full for long though.

 
Matcha Latte ($6)

I changed my drink and topped up a difference of $2(: This drink was a little too bitter for my liking. I guess it's really cause I'm not a huge fan of matcha? Haha! I didn't manage to finish it cause it kind of got even more bitter towards the bottom. 

 
Over the Rainbow Cake ($10)

And here's the highlight of our meal!! We were all satisfied and full after our meal but we just had to check this out! Priced at $10, it might seem a little expensive at first. I actually got a shock after finding out the price but to be fair, the portion is huge! Definitely not something 1 person can finish it his/herself unless you have a sweet tooth! 4 of us shared it so it was really worth it.

One thing to note about The Coffee Daily is that they have a really limited choice of food. There's actually only 4 choices on the menu. 2 of them are featured here while the other 2 are your typical brunch eggs, sausage etc. The do have an extensive range of drinks though and I guess they focus more on their coffee. I'm not a coffee fanatic so I can't really tell what constitutes of a good coffee but do let me know if you do! Would love to hear from you(:

"Rainbow apologise for angry skies."
Sylvia Voirol

No comments:

Post a Comment